Short and Sweet
>> Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Just like the course used for Sundays third round of the PNP MTB series, I’m going to keep this quick.
Mt Victoria in central Wellington was the setting for the latest PNP race, held on a 6-7km course with heaps of roots, clay and pine needles; when it rains like it did for the 12 hours before the race, Mt Vic can turn into lethal sliding feast even for the Steve Peat’s out there. Us Pro-Elite punters were thrown 4 laps of fun, sending us on our way for 2hrs of pain.
The turn out for PE was fairly down, but I still had Alex Revell keeping me honest through out. For the whole of the first lap Alex was right on my tail, pressuring me to ride full tilt (couple hairy moments but nothing too scary). Come second lap I really put the hammer down, trying to distance Alex as soon as I could; it took over half the lap but I finally pulled a gap.
Even with a fair amount of traffic, my legs happily settled into a steady rhythm, attacking every up-hill and descent. Only one small slip up to mention, landing on my knees which left me with a few cuts, but other then that my SantaCruz was railing everything.
After 1:55 of racing I rolled into the Mt Vic velodrome for my second win of the series; a nice step towards defending my title and a good sign ahead of the Whaka 100 this weekend.
So this weekend it’s the Whaka 100, 100km of sweet Rotovegas trails sandwiched between 5hrs of pain. Forecast is looking sweet so should be a great day!
In the mean time off to Metallica on Wednesday, hopefully the adrenalin will still be pumping come Sunday (and my hearing returned).
1 Comments & cheeky remarks:
Thursday night and 6-7 hours for me! See you in Vegas! (And, well done on the fine win!)
Post a Comment