Canadian research - the racing

>> Monday, September 27, 2010

Well it has been a while in the making, but here is my "race report" from my Canadian trip

So while sifting in Canada, I thought I'd do a bit of racing. I heard that at the time some thing called Crankworx was on, so I tagged along to see what all the fuss was about...

Waiting for the lift for another rampage run...

Looking down the dual slalom course
Brendan Fairclough's bike collection...
Gee Atherton takes the slalom win
You will be surprised to know there is a XC event at Crankworx in Whistler. I lined up for a laugh at the back of the grid, forgot that I was back on my XC bike after a week of riding DH bikes and got up to second!
Rocky XC Rampage!
 Just to increase the lulz, I decided it would be a good idea to ride "Comfortably Numb", "River runs through it" and "Kill me thrill me" a day out from the race. For those who have been to Whistler you will realise that as far as rides go that is stupidly hard! Probably explains why I destroyed an upsized-super-large-you-fat-bastard combo at Maccas and before you can say "BMI RAMPAGE!" Yeah, I was rather hungry after that ride!
Yes that is my medal and some guy called Nico Vouilloz signed my cap
The hat is the photo was done for me by this guy:
http://www.myspace.com/1976ItsJustArt
If you are ever in Seattle, make sure you visit him in the Pike Place Market - highly recommend! Even Nico Vouilloz thought that cap was cool, and if Nico says it's cool - it's cool!

Right, that's enough of that race carry on!

One final Canadian post, the stories post... it has rednecks with guns, hungry bears, crappy coffee - something for the whole family!

Don't touch that dial!

1 Comments & cheeky remarks:

sifter September 30, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Incredible cap, Al! Did you draw that?!

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP