Davo's thoughts on the Belmont course

>> Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Just got back from a pre-ride of the B course for the 4th round of the PNP series with Sharpie. What a brutal course.

It is refreshing to have some open lengthy open farmland sections. These will favour those fit riders who train properly. If it is windy it will be difficult for everyone. The climb of Danzig is slippery and will be a battleground of dodgy passing as everyone, including good riders, make silly mistakes, slips and stalls. The hardest part by far is the Sweetacres climb...

This is a right turn off Hill Road, so at least you have had a nice easy recovery descent leading in. It is a long steep climb on mixed surfaces and will be hard as hell after battering the shanks on the previous farmland part of the course. Massive kudos to anyone who rides the whole of the Sweetacres climb.

Next you get some looping around taking in the fantastic descents of Big Weta and Chopper. Many thanks to those who built them – Excellent switchbacking goodness. Sadly for the B Coursers you also take in another climb of Danzig. Expect the shanks to self destruct on the 4wd climb to get to the entrance…..pedal pedal..... Booooom….

In short the course will be quite a sufferfest in many places, a war of attrition in others and partytime on the descents. A good mix. All racers will be able to pat themselves on the back for coming out and meeting this challenge. For a good quick ride, focus a lot on the steep climbs and be prepared to dismount for a jog in advance rather than stalling, be quick and nimble over the many stiles and gates – bury yourself on the Sweetacres climb you are nearly home…. ish.

Cheers. See you all out there.
Davo

4 Comments & cheeky remarks:

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 12:24 PM  

Wow, it sounds like you bushlovers are almost scared by this race. Luckily I know that you are all tough enough to handle it.

I wish I could prove myself enough to be a bushlover

Bushlove Racing October 28, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

"I wish I could prove myself enough to be a bushlover"

Have you met Kah?

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

I have, but unfortunately I am not an ethnic minority needing representation.

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

Can we get a picture of some bushlove shanks. They really turn me on.

  © Blogger template Joy by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP